HOW A WHISTLEBLOWER ATTORNEY LOS ANGELES CAN PROTECT YOU
Whistleblowers are in a tricky situation when they want to report a case that constitutes as fraudulent but still want to remain confidential when reporting. Many questions stem from these types of cases, such as:
- What constitutes a fraudulent case?
- Can you file a claim without having your name associated with the public record?
If you have found yourself in this type of situation, it is imperative that you pursue legal help from an attorney as soon as possible. At Mann & Elias, we have successfully represented many whistleblower cases, and we can get you the legal help you need to protect yourself.
In this article, you will learn about these cases in detail. Additionally, what constitutes a fraudulent case that can be reported and whether you can remain anonymous in reporting any red flags or concerns.
What Kinds of Violations Are Considered Fraud?
Depending on what the government was contracting and agreed to be paid for would determine a fraudulent case. If there happens to be some material connection to the government’s decision to pay, then this is the usual rule that should be followed.
- If the act affected the government’s decision to pay for something, such as a service, it would be classified as fraudulent, especially if someone lied about payment.
- If a Medicare/Medicaid case fabricated the qualifications regarding who was permitted the services–this would become an issue. Additionally, if a contractor was not properly paid a prevailing wage and there was a contract in which the government required it to be done, this would fall under a False Claims Act liability.
- Drugs must get marketed in a certain way for them to get approved by the FDA. If the pharmaceuticals are marketed in a way that does not meet the FDA’s standards, this can cause a substantial legal issue within the FDA and its users.
Violating a law in which it was a material part of the contract can result in a liability issue for a False Claims Act. Unfortunately, this is seen a lot in healthcare because there are many rules and regulations placed to keep patients safe regarding medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and more.
Therefore, if you violate these laws, you can be held liable within the False Claims Act.
How Difficult is it to Remain Anonymous as a Whistleblower?
Depending on the type of law that you’re filing a case under will determine whether or not you can remain anonymous. For instance, if you are filing a case under the Federal False Claims Act, you can file the case secretly for only a specific period. However, if you choose to file a lawsuit under “John Doe,” it can be challenging to make the person in violation liable for their wrongdoings.
Keep in mind that you will only be anonymous while the government is investigating the case for a specific time. Therefore, you can use that time wisely and hire a Los Angeles informant lawyer to protect your rights while the government is taking that time to investigate the case. The case will eventually become public once the government decides whether officials will support your claim or not. This process does take a while.
In some cases, you can file under the SEC whistleblower law and the CFTC whistleblower law, which allow you to sue for security fraud. In these types of cases, it is easier for you to remain anonymous, and only the agencies will know who filed the case instead of the public.
Contact a Whistleblower Attorney
If you have any questions regarding these cases, you should contact our team of employment lawyers in Los Angeles to get you the legal help you need. We will help and support you every step of the way to make sure that you are protected.
We are extremely well-versed in these cases and will ensure that you get the legal help you need.